This page is laid out for easy navigation via JAWS:
- Use h to jump from section to section.
- Use Tab to move among links for
different script versions. JAWSKey+F7 should also provide
a list of these links.
These are my scripts for Skype UWP, also known as Skype for Windows 10.
These are not to be confused with my scripts for the Classic Skype for Windows Desktop client.
These scripts are dynamic, meaning that updates to them will be made
"in place." Newer revisions will replace older ones, and I will add
change notes to this page as changes are made.
Since Skype UWP updates automatically with Windows and is a consumer-grade product, I assume it is practical for all script users to
keep up to date with Skype UWP changes. There is thus no need for me to keep old revisions around for download.
To help users verify applicability of script revisions though, I will include Skype UWP version numbers with each revision in the
rlease notes below.
Use the JAWS Ctrl+Ins+V command to check your Skype UWP version for comparison.
Here are the changes in the scripts, most recent first.
In JAWS, use the h or 3 keys to move through
changes by release date, or Tab to move to the
download link. For these scripts, the download link will be the last link on the page.
Revision 102, December 26, 2017, written against several Skype UWP versions up through 126.96.36.1994
- The installer is built with an older version of Nullsoft in order to test whether this affects some antivirus/antimalware tools'
heuristic threat detection algorithms. Some of these have been flagging these installers as problems.
Revision 98, December 3, 2017, written against several Skype UWP versions up through 188.8.131.524
- Notification text, when present, is included as intended in the
SayWindowTitle (Ins+T) output.
Revision 97, December 1, 2017, written against several Skype UWP versions up through 184.108.40.2064
- Tested briefly against Skype 220.127.116.114, released November 29.
- When left enabled by the user, selection preservation applies also to searchResult list items, besides conversation and active call lists.
- Search results screens should operate more quickly. (Upgrading from Skype UWP 18.104.22.1687 to 22.214.171.1244 also seems to improve performance
in these screens.)
Revision 95, November 30, 2017, written against several Skype UWP versions up through 126.96.36.1997
This is the first release of these scripts.
See the Skype UWP scripts users guide for details on commands and features.
Download: Version Current executable installer (can also open with 7Zip)