JAWS Scripts For TeamViewer
Last Revised August, 2015
This document describes the scripts for TeamViewer.
This document can be opened from within TeamViewer via a double press
of JAWSKey+F1 (or Insert+F1).
This document is laid out for easy navigation using JAWS HTML heading
navigation commands: H will move through all headings,
2 through major sections, and 3 and 4
through any subsections or subsubsections.
Table of Contents
These scripts are written for TeamViewer version 9.0 and JAWS 16 and
later. They may work on other JAWS and TeamViewer versions, but this
has not been tested.
These scripts provide the following features beyond those available in
- Checkboxes in Options pages announce state and type correctly
instead of saying simply "button."
- Typing Ins+F1 twice in quick succession brings up the
manual for these scripts in the default browser.
There are no known system requirements for these scripts beyond those
for TeamViewer itself. However, JAWS versions older than 16.0 may not
work with these scripts.
To install these scripts on a new system:
- Load JAWS if this has not already been done. This will require
administrative privileges on the PC.
- Run JAWS as the user for whom the scripts are to be installed.
This and the following steps must be performed for each user of the PC
who will be using JAWS with these scripts.
- Run the script installer and follow its instructions.
- To verify successful installation, type Ins+Q from within
the application. Part of the JAWS spoken response should be a revision number.
If you do not hear a revision number, the scripts are not correctly loaded.