This page is laid out for easy navigation via JAWS:
- Use h to jump from section to section.
- Use Tab to move among links for
different script versions. JAWSKey+F7 should also provide
a list of these links.
These are my scripts for Youtube, providing easier access to native Youtube keyboard commands as well as a few
extra scripted commands for convenience..
This script version is dynamic, meaning that updates to it will be made
"in place." Newer revisions will replace older ones, and I will add
change notes to this section as changes are made.
Here are the changes in this version, most recent first.
In JAWS, use the h or 3 keys to move through
changes by release date, or Tab to jump straight to the
Revision 30, released September 2, 2017
- Fixed a problem with the previous installer, caused by a change in how the NSIS
SetRegView command works, that caused the
installer not to find any JAWS versions on 32-bit Windows.
- Failure to find any JAWS versions results in a log display.
Revision 29, released August 31, 2017
- Added JAWS 2018 support.
- Added the ability to edit the Command key by typing the current Command key (the left bracket ([) by default)
followed by JAWSKey+C.
Revision 25, released March 3, 2017
- Important: All script commands, all of which were Ctrl+Shift with another key, are now the same key but preceded by a left bracket ([) in order to avoid collisions with various browser-specific native keystrokes.
For example, the command for skipping ads is now [ s instead of Ctrl+Shift+s.
- [ +Space (formerly Ctrl+Shift+Space) works on Play buttons when playing a playlist.
(I wrote this one in August and may have forgotten to release it.)
- [ +S (formerly Ctrl+Shift+S) should work more often for pressing the "Skip Ad" button. (Youtube changed some properties of this button and broke the original code.)
- Various user guide updates.
Revision 17, released July 24, 2016
This is the first release of these scripts, including commands for the following:
- Skipping ads.
- Play/pause of a video.
- Announcing time position and length of a playing video.
- Jumping to next and previous videos or search results pages.
- Focusing the volume slider, which enables many native Youtube commands without interferance from JAWS.
See the Youtube scripts users guide
Download: Version 1.0 executable installer (can also open with 7Zip)